Coat upgrade: "Spring flowers"
Hello everyone. I think everybody is tired of winter and sad weather. We had three beautiful days of spring. But now we are back to reality with colder temperatures and rain.
This post is about upgrading something simple into more interesting and unique. See the details below.
I recently got this black coat, its feminine silhouette with wide like wings sleeves caught my attention , I saw the potential in it.
What I finally made was initially few seconds decision: I accidentally found in my closet crocheted top. I bought last year but never worn it. I cut out the flowers and made the pattern and then glued it to the coat:
In the process of gluing the flowers I got rid of buttons from the top level on the coat.
Then came the hardest part: I ripped off the collar from the coat, I didn't intend to keep it anyway, By having the neck line opened , I could sew all flowers to the coat by hand (it couldn't be sewed through the lining). It took the whole week , but I was pretty happy with the final result. After I sewed the neck opening back, I got rid of lower level buttons and sewed the snaps on the inrside of the coat. Done.
Coat: Michael, with upgrade: hand made flower applique
Shoes: Unforgettable Moments
Sun glasses: Vintage
Thank you so much for reading
Have a great week everyone!